Bug - typing in the Node Repository search field can freeze & crash KNIME

Version: KNIME 3.1.1 (also happened on 3.0, but not 2.x)

Platform: Mac mini & Macbook air, OS 10.10.5 (Yosemite)

Since upgrading to version 3.x, typing in the Node Repository search box often slows down KNIME (unresponsive); the colored spinning Mac symbol appears. Mostly KNIME recovers - it just looks and feels bad; but sometimes KNIME will crash (losing all work since last save), and in one instance the whole OS became unresponsive and I had to hard reboot.

This did not happen in version 2.x. 

It happens both when a workflow is executing or not.

I couldn't see where to log bugs so I hope this is the correct place.

If this isn't the place to log issues, can someone let me know where to send this? Anyone else seeing this on Mac?

Hi knimed,

the good news is, this is the right place to report your problem.

We are working on this already. I keep you posted as soon as we have a fix released.

Best, Iris 

Thanks Iris. Is there a notification mechanism to find out the progress of a bug (or it's done when it's done)?

There used to be a config flag which would require an explicit "enter" press to execute the search, rather than the current "search as you type" - anyone remember this?

Thanks
E

Hi Everyone,

the notification mechanism is me :-)

We released 3.2 on Friday and it includes different speedups to the search in the node repository.

However, if you still experience problems, let us know and we will take a look again. For me it was speed up tremendeously.

Best, Iris