Build a knime platform

Hi all,

I want to build the knime platform from zero and want to replace some of the icons, such as the startup
image, but I have encountered the following problems:

I downloaded org.knime.product and replaced some of the images, but I don’t know how to package it.

These packages are all reporting errors. Is the version I quoted incorrect?

last,Can you provide internal build documentation about building a knime platform?

Thanks.

Hi @gaojyue,

The quoted versions look correct, but can you tell us a bit more about the error messages ?
Sadly there is currently no written documentation of how to build a full KNIME Analytics Platform in written form, but we will help you here in the forum. Also, we are currently working on revamping our build process to make it a lot easier.
best,
Gabriel

Hi @gab1one,

Sorry, I don’t know to show you those mistakes.
But I know that because I can’t find the dependencies that should be referenced, I get an error.

Thanks,

You need to set the target platform, as described in

best,
Gabriel

Hi @gab1one

This is not the result I want, I just want to figure out the process of building the knime, the following is the problem I encountered when making the exe program:

How many Contents does it take to package a complete knime exe program?
How can I fix these errors?

Thanks!

You won’t be able to build anything until you sort out your dependencies, which can be done by setting up the target platform as @gab1one has said.

Those errors you see indicate that the KNIME plugins aren’t available in your development environment.

1 Like

Hi @swebb
I have completed setting up the target platform, but I encountered the following problems when I clicked on Launch an Eclipse application:

Thanks!

How did you configure the launch configuration for the Eclipse application that you started?
You can find the launch configurations in the following menu: Selection_012

best,
Gabriel

Hi @gab1one
this is run configuration:

Thanks!

Hi @gaojyue,
you have at least two error sources in your configuration:

• You have manually selected which plugins to include in the target platform, this can lead to required plugins not being available, which the error message in your last screenshot indicates. You need to add all required plug-ins to the target platform, including the org.apache.xmlbeans plugin that message is mentioning.
  • Also in your last screenshot there is a red error icon next to the org.knime.binary.jre plug-in. You need to investigate what is going wrong there.

best,
Gabriel

Hi @gab1one

I encountered the following problems at startup, but I don’t know how to deal with it.

I didn’t find the right version in knime-sdk-setup
Thanks!

Try setting your launch configuration like this:

Selection_013

best,
Gabriel

Hi @gab1one
I started it successfully in your way, but my goal is to package it into an exe program.

How should I do it?

Thanks!

Hi @gab1one , @swebb
If I want to package an exe program via org.knime.product.desktop, what do I need to do with dependencies?
I clicked on the Launch an Eclipse application and the following problem occurred:

Thanks?

I’m afraid I’ve never done this. As I only make additions to KNIME I either make a p2 site and install manually or use eclipse director form the command line to install a KNIME instance then add my plugins.

It still sounds like you’ve not got the configuration correct: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13575695/eclipse-rcp-no-application-id-has-been-found

Hi @swebb
How should I configure a correct p2 library, or how should I build a repo of this myself?

Thanks!

Hi @gaojyue,
you can’t use the pom.xml file / maven to build KNIME projects yet. We are currently in the process of converting our build system, this is why these files are already in some repositories, however it is not yet possible to use them externally.

best,
Gabriel

Hello @gab1one
I already know that I can export an Eclipse product using KNIME Analytics Platform.launch, but I have some problems, I don’t know how to specify the version needed for the build.

Thanks,
gaojyue

Hi have you solve these problems?

Check here: Knime Export Product