Calculate the difference from each row from two columns

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and to knime.
I have made a workflow witch is working perfectly. But now I am stuck on a problem I can’t dissolve.
I have looked on the internet and this forum for a answer but I have not found the answer I am looking for.

There are two columns with values, if the there is an certain difference between default and Oud default I want the default value the same as the Oud default value. For every Row there is another criteria.

How can I solve this? I am new to Java programming witch is an solution I think.

Best regards,
Alexander

0 Likes

You don’t need Java programming for that. Instead you can describe this as simple rules using the “Rule Engine” node:

The rules follow the syntax “if condition, then return value”, something like the following should work (didn’t verify, but it should help to illustrate the idea):

default - oud_default > delta => oud_default
oud-default - default > delta => oud_default
TRUE => default
2 Likes

Thank you qqilihq,

Thank you for the answer.
But I mean for each row a different value:
From aaprocesparameter Cilinder 10 >= 0.5
From aaprocesparameter Glanscilinder >= 0.75 etc.

Best regards,
Alexander

0 Likes

Hi Alexander,

but from where would those values 0.5, 0.75 come? I cannot see them in the table?

Best,
Philipp

0 Likes

Hi Philipp,

That are values i must choose and are not in a table.
I think i have a solution. I create a table with the values that must be used for comparing?

Best,
Alexander

0 Likes

Mmmh, you could either:

(1) add them to the rule set (but it’ll probably become cluttered), or
(2) supply them from a separate table, and then join these values based on some criterion as an additional column before applying the rules

Best,
Philipp

0 Likes

Hi Philipp,

Thank you very much for your help, i’ll try the suggestions you mentioned.
First i go on holiday :slight_smile:

Best,
Alexander

2 Likes