We have a simple minimalist workflow, see attached screenshot, that simply calls an inner workflow using "Call Local Workflow" (the "Create Report" option is ticked, with PDF as an option). The inner workflow creates a PDF report. When executing the outer workflow from Knime WebPortal, the workflow is properly executed ("Workflow executed successfully"), but the PDF is not displayed, and is not available for download. As shown in the screenshot, the PDF is created successfully by the "inner workflow," as visible in the output table "BLOB Report" column. Furthermore, when invoking the inner workflow directly from WebPortal, the PDF is displayed properly.
- Knime Server version 4.3.2
- Create a simple inner workflow that creates a PDF report
- Create a simple outer workflow that calls using "Call Local Workflow" the inner workflow, using the Create report+PDF option (see screenshot, the "Empty table creator" creates a table with only one 1 row)
- Test the outer workflow on WebPortal
Expected results versus actual results
- Expected result: the outer workflow is properly executed, and the report is available for display and for download
- Actual result: the outer workflow is executed ("Workflow executed successfully", see second screenshot), but the PDF is not displayed, and is not available for download.