Call Local Workflow Why ? It is completed after the click.

Hi;

Sometimes calling the workflow gets stuck in the running state and results in clicking and entering into it. Why ? It is completed after the click.

I did not understand exactly why it originated.

Before click

After the click is completed and completed the process ??? but why is it waiting for me to click?

@Iris @AlexanderFillbrunn @ScottF

Hello Knime team; What is your comment or advice on this matter?
What should I look out for or find a solution.

Hi there @umutcankurt,

never seen this one before. Anything specific about your setup like workspace location, nodes you are using in called workflow or something else? Also can you share workflow example (log might help as well) which successfully reproduces above explained behavior?

Br,
Ivan

@ipazin

Hi @umutcankurt,

I see. Not sure what is happening. Can you share workflow and log file?

Br,
Ivan

Have you thought about inserting another node behind the Call Local Workflow node? So to ‘force’ it to do something and thereby finish the call.

I am not really sure how these call workflows are supposed to work. I experimented with them for some time and since they are ‘communicating’ via JSON files I sent a JSON file down the line and brought information back (about the time the workflow ran).

By this, I was able to make it work.

The sub-workflow would look something like this:

1 Like

yes, this is a logical approach. It would be useful to try it as soon as possible, I will share the results. I couldn’t share the workflow because it was too big and complex in size.

many thanks for your answers and solution advice :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I tried, but unfortunately this has not had a positive effect. The result of the click is still working, that is, the workflow call seems to be stuck, but it appears when you click.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.