Can I get all values with the same value in one column?

Hello all,

I have a table like it is shown in the picture above.

Is it possible to create an new table where all values from Iteration 0 are in one column and all values from iteration 1 are in the next column and so on…

Thanks in Advance!

Joris

Hi Joris,
if you use pivot node it should be possible. Maybe you need an additional column with a static value for group the conditions.

Column Header is Iteration Column
Values are “Häufigkeit” with the setting concatenate.

BR
Hermann

1 Like

Hi Hermann,

Thank you for your reply!

Can you explain me what you mean with the additional column?

Hi Joris,

you probably need in your initial table a column with a unique value e.g. “1” which is assigned to each row. This unique value you could use to define in the pivot node the group condition. I’m currently not able to check if a group condition is mandatory or not.

Hi @Jorisr10

I was thinking of something like this: KNIME_project.knwf (23.0 KB)
Knipsel
gr. Hans

Hi Hans,

Looks cery clean!

Is this Extendable to 3 Variables such as shown in the pic below.

so that i can get the value and the frequency (“Häufigkeit”) of the value?

1 Like

Hi hermann,

it worked now, Thank you!

My problem now is that the Colums are not sorted anymore and when i Try to sort them they only sort like this: 1,11,2,21,3,31 and so on.

Am I doing something wrong here?

@Jorisr10 yes sure see: KNIME_project.knwf (23.1 KB)
gr. Hans

Hi Joris,
this probably happens regarding to missing values.
I set up an example arranging the missing values at the end of each column.

Example Example2

Example.knwf (27.3 KB)

BR
Hermann

Hello @Jorisr10,

if data from your first post is result of using Loop End node maybe you can try Loop End (Column Append) node which will append data as column(s) from each iteration instead of concatenating them.

Alternatively you can use following approach: first use Pivoting node without group column, Iteration column is pivoting column and use List aggregation method on your first column. Then follow it with Ungroup node.

Welcome to KNIME Community!

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

That makes it easier to understand and solves the sorting problem!

Thanks!

BR
Joris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.