Can I read the real-time data from a database?

Hi

I just wonder if the data stream is real-time when i use KNIME to connect to a database. It seems when I input data into the database, the result cannot reflect in KNIME. How long it will take to update the inform from the database?

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Kane, this is a very important question. I am not sure if Knime can do that, but probably if you connect it with Spark to make a streaming application.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Kane,

I’m not sure whether I got you right. Basically as soon as the write operation on the database ended successfully, you should be able to access the data via database readers. Does that answer your question?

Cheers,
Marten

Hi Marten,
Thanks for your reply. I want to build a streaming app or a real-time system. Knime should be able to automatically refresh the data from the database. However, If the model start processing, I only achieve the data from the database at that moment rather than the data will update every second or every minute. I understand if I reset the project it will get the new information, but how to make it automatic. I’m using windows schedule task to reset the model, do you have any good idea to fulfil the function.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.