can not calculate implicit hydrogens on aromatic N

Is there a work-around for the "can not calculate implicit hydrogens on aromatic N" glitch in the Indigo Substructure Match Counter (and other nodes)? e.g. target molecule theophyline, C[n]1c2c([n](c([n](C)c2nc1)=O)C)=O fails and just generates a missing value.

I have tried the old trick of adding a Dearomatizer node, but this does not help.

Even an imperfectly represented molecule would be better than failing to a missing value, perhaps a not very chemically realistic kekule structure would do.

I have hundreds of these compounds in the database I'm using, so it would be unrealistic to manually tinker with the SMILES string.

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi Steve,

I would recommend using the ChemAxon MolConverter node - you can generate kekulised SMILES (or other formats) by using "-a" (without the quotes) as the output option.  I have tested with your example and it kekulised fine.

Kind regards

James

Try OpenBabel to convert your molecules. It works with your molecule & Indigo (or RD-Kit).

Tried both - still did not work. Molecules were kekularized properly, but the Indigo Substructure Counter Node still gave out the errors - almost as if the molecules were being re-aromatized.

Indigo Substructure Counter Node seemed to require the "Molecule to Indigo" and the "Query Molecule to Indigo" nodes, so it might be these that are re-aromatizing the molecules.

Switching to the RDKit Substructure Counter node seemed to work better.

Cheers,

Steve.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.