can not find the knime-server.config file

Hi there,

I have started an AWS EC2 instance with Knime server small AMI, but after that, I am unable to find the knime-server.config file

Hi @bhaveshachhada,

Please have a look at the corresponding KNIME Server on AWS admin guide: KNIME Server on AWS Marketplace

The knime-server.config file is located in /srv/knime_server/config, as a alternative on editing the file you could do almost all adjustments using the KNIME Webportal, Administration page while logged in with an KNIME Server administration account as for instance per default knimeadmin.

Best,
Michael

Hi @MichaelRespondek,

Thanks for your reply.

However, I’m afraid to say that the /srv directory is empty in my case. Moreover, My webportal is not working. I’m confused on how to debug that thing. I’ve checked the logs, what I could understand was config file is missing.

Thanks again.

Please try to reboot the AWS instance. I would assume that the /srv partition is not properly mounted, which can be checked via

sudo mount|grep srv

You should get one line as an output, if not, the srv partition is unmounted. A restart of the instance should fix it.

1 Like

Hi @MichaelRespondek,

Checked the command output. It is not showing anything. I even restarted the instance and tried again. But no success. The output is still blank.

Hi @bhaveshachhada,

Could you please elaborate a bit more how you got into this situation?
Is it a new instance you just started to use? During the setup: did you keep the pre-selected 2 partitions or did you click on “Delete” on the second, 250GB big one?
Our AMI build consists on these two partitions, if you deselect the second it won’t work as it will miss mandatory files like configuration and license.

Would you be able to start over and create a new instance with both partitions?

Thanks,
Michael

1 Like

Hi @MichaelRespondek,

Yes, I deleted the second partition.

However, I tried with both the partitions as you said and the webportal is working now.

Thank you very much for the help.!

1 Like