can not import workflow

Hi,

I can not import workflows anymore.

File | Import Knime Workflow... | Select archive file: | Browse, I select my zip archive anc click Ok , but nothing happens the field near Browse stays empty.

When I reproduce several times the manipulation, after a while clicking on Browse does not open the selection window anymore...

Problem occurs with Knime 2.6.3 and 2.7.1

However, I can extract my archive directly in the workspace directory, the workflow is read.

Nico

Hi Nico, 

That is quite strange, we haven't seen anything like this before.  What OS and KNIME versions are you using?  Are you sure you have read permissions on the archive?

Regards,

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

This is also the first time I have a such problem with Knime.

I use CentOS 6.3 64 bits and Knime 2.7.2., and yes I am sure I have the read permissions.

As long as I can copy directly the workflow directory in my workspace, I guess this issue is acceptable to me.

Regards,

Nico

This still isn't nice, what version of Java are you using?  OpenJDK or Sun (and version number)?

I am not sure.

$ java -version

java version "1.6.0_24"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.6) (rhel-1.54.1.11.6.el6_3-x86_64)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)

Hi Nico,

Try updating your java to the latest version from oracle, this may well resolve the problem.  For KNIME 2.6.3, use Java 6, for 2.7, Java 7.  

http://java.com/

Regards,

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

I have just installed the Java 7 version.

java version "1.7.0_17"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_17-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

Unfortunately, that does not solve the problem...

Regards,

Nico

It seems my problem has been solved with one of the last updates.

Actually, I am facing the same problem again... Also, I have just noticed that I cannot install new nodes using the archive button (Help|Install new software|Add|Archive). I can select the file but then it is not taken into account.