Can not import Workflows

I have 2 Notebooks, I have 2 different KNIME Versions 5.0 and 4.6.5 . I export a Workflow group with Version 4.6.5 a Workflow and want to import to KNIME Versions 5.0 with Drag and Drop as *.knar. The import windows opend but I dont see Detail WF an all the buttons are grey.
2023-08-30 08_08_57-Window

Hi @Wagnerix65,

Could you please update your KNIME AP 5.0 to 5.1.1 (the latest release) and see if the problem persists?
I just successfully imported a workflow group created in 4.6.5 to 5.1.1.

1 Like

I also have a problem importing from version 4.5.0 to 5.1.2. Importing a single workflow as .knwf works. However, importing a workflow collection as .knar does nothing. The file can be selected for import but nothing happens afterwards, neither an error message nor is the file available afterwards. I would be very happy about any help.

Hi. I have the same issue with importing from .knwf files. There is no error message but I don’t get anything displayed in the “Import Elements” box which means the Finish button is greyed out.

I have tried changing workspaces and also tried with Knime versions 4.5.2 and 5.1.2. Same result with both.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi @brucemckay,

Is it possible for you to share an example workflow with us so I can try to reproduce the issue?

1 Like

It seems I’ve found the workaround.
If I manually change the extension of each file from .knwf to .knar then the import runs successfully.

Interestingly I also borrowed a friend’s MacBook and the original .knwf extension files import fine on his (MacBook Pro M2 on Sonoma with Knime 5.1.2) whereas on my machine I have to change the extension (MacBook Air M2 on Sonoma with Knime 5.1.2). The only difference seems to be a MacBook Pro Vs MacBook Air. Strange.