Cannot logon to server (cache update failed)

Hello!

Our KNIME server was performing quite well, when suddenly I was not able to perform login anymore. I have restarted the server, but the error persist.

Error printed in console is:

ERROR UpdateManager Server user@10.0.X.X cache update failed - logging out.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Primož Skale

Hi Primoz, 

I'm not sure what's going on there, I haven't seen this message before.  Just to be sure, your license is in the licenses folder and is valid, correct?

If so, can you please send me your log file?  It will be located here:

knime_server/glassfish/domains/domain1/logs/server.log.  If you don't want to post it publicly, please send me an email.

Best Regards,

Aaron Hart

Hello!

Yes, my license is in the correct folder, and is still valid (5/2013). I have sent you an e-mail with a log file.

Primož

We have solved the problem. The database (Derby) was not running on the server.

Hello !

I just recieved the exact same error message when trying to connect to our KNIME Server. License files are valid and should also be in the correct folder. I also restarted the database using asadmin to ensure everthing is running correctly. However, the problem remains.

According to the server.log, the problem is caused by an EJBException. I've attached the corresponding server.log snippet.

If required, I can also provide the complete log file.

Thanks for any feedback !

Best regards

Max

Please create a file <server-repository>/workflows/.metainfo/repositoryVersion with "3.8.0" as contents. This is a problem with fresh installations of 3.8.0.