sorry for the weird topic - couldn’t think of a better one.
- There are postings on a monthly base.
- Postings may have a Tax Registration Number (TRN) or not (i.e., NULL / MISSING is a valid state).
- Transactions are transferred to the KNIME workflow in 6 files of different structure.
- The TRN is a string value that starts usually with two letters followed by 11 significant digits.
- It may occur, that a TRN is a 13 digit number (no leading letters) - this is a valid state.
- If a file contains only numerical TRN, KNIME sets “double” as type.
- In case KNIME sets the type to double, I need to cast this to string. Since the type may change from run to run, I need a kind of a ‘conditional’ cast.
Column Rename Node offers a cast option - however, it adds an exponential formatting at the end (e.g., “E14”…).
Does anyone has an idea how to solve that?
Have you thought about forcing the column to a string while importing the data? Or is the import in another format?
I would love to do so - however, the XLS reader only offers numerical types…
did you try the Number to String node? It should do exactly what you want, the double values are turned into String values without any scientific formatting.
To do a “Conditional Cast” you could use a Column Splitter node with a type split:
Route it through the Number to String node as follows and join it all up again
This will also work if no matching columns are available.
BTW: Using the Column Rename node for type changes often leads to weird results, I can not recommend ever doing that.
nice idea, will try that one! Actually, I use the number to string node. However, in case KNIME identifies the column already as string, execution stops. That’s where your idea kicks in! I like your approach.
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.