Cell Replacer

Hello

I am trying to replace a whole column with another one. Therefore I used the cell replacer and configured it in the following

Unfortunately I am not able to definde the RowID as a Look-Up variable. Probably the solution is very simple, but I wasn’t able to find a solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi,
what exactly happens when you use RowID as Look-Up variable? For me this works just fine. Does KNIME show an error?
Kind regards
Alexander

Hi @Schimmel004,

Just to make sure you are using the node correctly:

This node uses a reference table (goes to the bottom port of the Cell Replacer node) in which you have a column whose values can be found in the “Target” column of the main table (which goes to the top port of the Cell Replacer node) and this column in the reference table should be assigned to the “Input (Lookup)” option. And you have a column whose values will take the place of the values in the target column of the main table where the values in the lookup column of the reference table match the values of the target column of the main table.

Now, as you have set the lookup column to RowID, then if any of the row IDs in the reference table matches any value in the “Name” column of your main table then this value in your main table will be replaced by the corresponding value in the “Name” column of the reference table.

If you understand the logic behind this and still you have issues replacing the values, you can provide us with sample data sets and we would help you further.

:blush:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.