Choropleth map using Google charts not working...help!!!

Hi,

I just tried to create a choropleth map using the generic javascript node with google charts for a report that I need to do today, but it has stopped working. Last time I used it, it worked fine, but this time it just shows a blank view!

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 14.27.39|668x500.

I tried some other generic javascript view (e.g. scatterplots) and they worked fine, so it seems to be something to specific to the map. Anyone else had this problem and know how to solve it?

Anyone else having this problem and know how to fix it!

Hi there @Rich_ard -

I asked one of our developers to look into this. It looks like Google’s API has changed slightly. The way to fix it in the Generic JS View is with this bit of code:

GoogleAPI_JSFix.txt (553 Bytes)

Notice the commented out google.load on line 5. The two lines below line 5 is the new API call.

(Thanks @blaney!)

We’ll need to update our workflows on the Hub to reflect this change to the API, but in the meantime, hopefully this fix works for you.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for finding a solution so quickly!

2 Likes

@ScottF Related to this… There are a number of components with the name Choropleth Map… lilkely due to the self-paced training that asks the student to download the component, disconnect it, update it and then share it locally… but some users might be sharing it to the hub… cluttering up the component list (a number are broken). Not sure if Knime has some sort of practices for validating or cleaning things up… definitely should highlight/prioritize Knime created/reviewed components on the site search or do something to physically/visually separate them to avoid user confusion.

I actually pulled down the wrong one in the exercise… only realized when I looked at the paths of the other Components with he same name.

Hi @DemandEngineer -

You’re right to raise this issue and it’s one we are aware of. In the future, we plan to implement some filtering and sort options to make it more clear which components are official KNIME versions, and which have been modified and uploaded by the community.

Thanks for the feedback!

I loved this philosophy… That way you can spread out developing new capabilities that might be more niche that your internal Dev team can’t devote sprints to… The community can help each other. But it’s a double edged sword… there might be alot of junk as it get popular and thing may no longer be supported because the author moved on. I think if you all take a look at some other feature/software market places (SFDC app exchange and git hub) you can adopt some of those practices.

Highly recommend

• report bugs / request features
  • if it is actively maintained
  • star rating vs just like for the component
  • star rating for the Author/space
  • forks in development (maybe)

Love what you guys are doing with the platform.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.