cmdwinput node error in server execution

I deployed a workflow to server containing a cmdwinput node that runs a 7z command that archives a file. It works perfect on the machine were it was created and the command works without error in CMD on the VM. But, for whatever reason, in job view, the node doesn’t execute the same command line - error is “Cannot execute command” without any other details.

Do you have any idea what i’m missing here?

Hi @lucian.cristian,

Can you please confirm that the extension is also installed on KNIME Server? Apart from that, that extension is actually provided by our community, so they might be able give you some better insights as to what’s wrong.

Do you see more details in the knime.log?

Cheers,
Roland

1 Like

I checked the log and there’s not additional info. I also moved the topic to Community Extensions. I checked the executor. I can see the node (not looking like a missing node/extension issue). I think it has something to do with executing the command line itself. Do I need to do anything extra for the server to be allowed to execute commands like this?

One more thing. I tried to go around and trigger the command from python. works perfectly on my computer, but when I deploy it to server it doesn’t work anymore. My server is VM with Windows Server 2016, while my laptop runs on win7. Is there anything i should do differently to have knime execute the command line in this environment?

self-five! :slight_smile:

Issue was solved by stating the full path to the executable. I thought it wasn’t necessary anymore since i registered the path of the application in win environment variables. For whatever reason, knime was not aware of them.

1 Like

Hi @lucian.cristian,

Thanks for sharing your solution, I’m glad you were able to figure this out :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Roland

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.