Coloring data points in Scatter Plot (Plotly) based on selection

Hi @ScottF,

thank you very much for your reply!
I’ve play around a bit and I’ve come up with two different solutions that work as a workaround to my problem.

The first one, called selectionPlot_V01, has the advantage of selecting the points inside the scatterplot just using a Multiple Selection Widget automatically re-executed as soon the list has changed (thanks to @gonhaddock for the suggestion of using the twinlist). The most important thing, in my case, would be to show all the points at the same time, marked and not marked together but in a way that you can understand the difference between them.

In the second one, called selectionPlot_V02, you can see three scatter plot:

• the first one is a Scatter Plot (Plotly) version with points divided in bad and good types. Whenever you select the points in that plot and you click on the Refresh the selection in the plot button, you get the updated Scatter Plot as intended, with the specific points selected and separated in marked and not marked ones.
  • the second plot is a classic Scatter Plot: I left it there because I like the functionality of being able, whenever I select points in the first plot, to see them becoming bigger, already giving me a visual effect of separation between points. It would be really great if in the new version of the Scatter Plot that you mentioned, would be possible to also change the size of the points in a similar manner!
  • the third plot that you can see, the smaller one at the bottom, is there just because in case I try to hide it from the WebPage (unchecking it in the Configuration Dialog), the selection stop working correctly. It would be amazing to be able to hide it, without any consequence for the workflow. (Am I missing something here? Maybe the possibility to do that already exists but I don’t know it yet).

Any suggestions on how to make it better would be much appreciated!

colorSelectionPlotKNIME.knwf (68.5 KB)

1 Like