Compare 2 Excel File with same columns but with possible missing entries and mismatch

Hi All,

I’d like to ask for your assistance in creating a workflow that compares two Excel files and finds missing and mismatched entries.

I already have a workflow in place of using Joiner to find missing entries, but I also need the mismatches. I tried using the rule engine and manually configuring which columns to check, and I’d like to improve it so that it’s more generic and reusable for other excel files I want to compare.

File 1 = Reference Table
File 2 = Transaction Table

Output 1 = Missing in Transaction Table (All missing entries based on Inventory ID)
Output 2 = Missing in Reference Table (All missing entries based on Inventory ID)
Output 3 = Mismatch Entries (All entries that are present in Transaction Table but with different value in some of the columns)

Hi @wuzgood , you can do this via the Joiner node with the following settings.

5 Likes

Possibly similar to this?

1 Like

Hi @wuzgood thanks for your post :raised_hands:t2:

As @bruno29a mentioned, part of the job can be done with the Joiner node and setting the configuration as explained. In this way, you can generate Output 1 and 2.

Instead, to generate Output 3, you can use the Table Difference Finder node that compares the differences between the two tables.

In this link :link:, you can find an example workflow using the data you provide. See a preview below :camera_flash:

Hope it could be helpful to somehow,

BR.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.