recently i started working with KNIME and I try to compare 2 Excel-Sheets (old & new planning).
- Same coloum-structure (incl. header)
- different number of rows
- varoius articles in certrain groups have diffeerent amounts in several (coloums)
In Excel I would have given each of the tables a date-attibute, copied them together and use the pivot-function to compare the tables.
As a result i like to know the differences between the tables:
- which articles were in the last version and have “vanished” in the new one,
- which new articles are in the new tabel
- how did the amounts change
==> Is there a easy “one node” solution in Knime or do i have to use different joins (for new entrants …) and math engine (for calculating differences) after joining the tables?
==> Can Knime extract the excel folder name? (Different Folders in one .xls - each named “jan” “Feb” Mar" Apr"…?)
Thanks a lot in advance for your help and please give me a hint if that question already was answered…