Compare date structure

Please I need help. I want to compare a date structure of date from a “Date & Time Input” node with dates in a date column on an excel sheet. I want to compare only the month and the day if they match. It can be any year.
Thanks

Not sure I fully understand. You could extract the day and month from each date and combine them to a string or number and then compare them.

Or maybe you post an example about what your data looks like and what you want the result to be.

1 Like

KNIME_project.knwf (15.1 KB)

This is a sample. I want the dates in the date inputs to remain constant “2019-12-01” for start and “2021-02-28” for end…Compare these two dates to the start and end dates in the excel file and and set as true for only start and end dates with the any_year- 12-01 and any_year-02-28. Regardless of the year.

KNIME_project.knwf (15.1 KB)

This is a sample. I want the dates in the date inputs to remain constant “2019-12-01” for start and “2021-02-28” for end…Compare these two dates to the start and end dates in the excel file and and set as true for only start and end dates with the any_year- 12-01 and any_year-02-28. Regardless of the year.

It would’ve been helpful if your sample included data that matched the “true” criteria.

In any case, I think what @mlauber71 said still holds. You’ll need to extract the day and month from each date, combine them into a string, then use that string for comparison in a Rule Engine node.

2 Likes

@elsamuel thank you so much. This really helped

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.