component with configuration nodes

Hello,

in KNIME it is possible to create your own components. I already did this including configuration nodes. Now it’s getting a bit tricky. I want some of the configurations “hidden” and only if a specific value is chosen, then the other configuration should appear.

Let me give you an example: The following screenshot shows the RowID Node. The configurations below “NewRowID column” are not able to edit until some column is selected.

I have a similar problem. I created a component with following configurations:

Only if “find best lambda” box is unchecked then the “define lambda” configuration should be possible.

Is there a way to do this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Franziska

I think you need Widgets for that functionality. From version 4.5.0 they have the re-execution feature that allows dynamic configuration. This workflow shows how to do it:
kathrin/Forum Questions – Combine multiple reports in a Dashboard – KNIME Hub
It calls one of multiple workflows, depending on the choice of the user, while only showing the right configuration window for each subworkflow.
Here’s the link to the forum thread:

If you’re like me and prefer configuration nodes over Widgets, you could alternatively let the user know that the lambda value is ignored if the box is checked :wink:

1 Like

Thank you so much @Thyme !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.