Components Absolute Link

Hey

I have a problem with the components and the absolute links. I work with a colleague and we use the same workspace. I only enter one level down in the workspace. We don’t have a Knime Server.
grafik

The components are in a library in the workspace.
grafik

I now have the problem that when I enter a level down my links no longer work. (E: KIME workspace / BMECat MASTER)
grafik

But when I enter workspace everything works. (E: KNIME workspace)
grafik

I suspect that the workspaces will not load the Preferences. Is that so and how can i solve the problem?

Thank you

Hi @CyberCrimeFlo,

the absolute Link is always based off the mountpoint (knime://LOCAL), and this gets replaced by whatever mountpoint you run your current AP with - hence I would suggest to use workflow-relative links, these should be more robust in your case (and generally more flexible). You can change the link type by right clicking the component → Component → Change Link Type…:
There you can also observe the knime://LOCAL

On another note, you have and interesting setup there - can you maybe explain your reasoning behind using a workspace within a workspace? Couldn’t you just use the same top level workspace or a workspace on the same level? Then you could also use mountpoint-relative links.

Best regards,
Lukas

4 Likes

Hey @LukasS,

thank you for the answer.

We have the case that we sometimes have to work on one thing at the same time and when we both try to go to “E: KNIME workspace” an error message comes up that the workspace is already in use and we bypass it with the lower level

would there be a better solution than ours? Or is there a possibility to use the same workspace with several users at the same time?

I try it out with the workflow-relative link

Hi @CyberCrimeFlo,

ah, that makes sense - no, I wouldn’t know of a better solution for collaboration (except for KNIME Server ofc :sweat_smile:). As far as I know there is no practical solution to use the same workspace multiple times at the same time. Let’s see whether the workflow relative links work.

Best regards,
Lukas

1 Like

Hey @LukasS,

It works great with the workflow relative links thank you very much :slight_smile:

CyberCrimeFlo

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.