Components should NOT launch when in an unactive branch

Yet they do, and I get errors from components located in the unactive branch of an empty table check.

I do get that KNIME wants to gain time by executing what it already can before any input data arrives, but this is an awfully bad design decision. If they are located in unactive branch, what user would want any of their internal nodes to load anyway ?

It just makes components unfit for good workflow design. No matter what you do to handle exceptions, they don’t care and throw errors when they aren’t supposed to run anyway.

Hello @mpranchere,

if you are talking about Components failing (stopping workflow execution) in inactive branch(es) fix for it is available from KNIME version 4.1.4 (changelog). What version are you running?

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I am running 4.1.4, it comes to me as a surprise. Although my components are not really failing, they just stop execution mid-way waiting for an input and so stop the workflow

Hello @mpranchere,

can you share workflow example so I can give it a try? Dummy data and simple design work just fine…

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.