concatenate xls without common columns

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding this. What if the column names per file are changing and I only have one common column. Let’s say date and time column.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Gambit

Hi @Gambit

I moved this into a fresh thread.

1 Like

Hi @Iris,

Thank you so much!

Best regards,
Gambit

1 Like

Hi @Gambit,

How do you want to handle the missing columns in other files? Is it OK to have missing value cells for those missing columns in other files?

If yes, you can List Files and read them in a Variable To Table Row Loop Start while the “Allow changing table specifications” is checked in the Loop End node.

:blush:

1 Like

Hi @armingrudd,

I thank you for your suggestions. I will try this on my workflow. What if I have csv or xls templates that contains different column names each. Then I will import multi csv or xls input files with different column names also. The condition is that the data of the csv or xls input file will go to the template where it’s column names are existing. Also, each file has date and time column, so I also need to join all through date and time column.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Gambit

If you have both XLS and CSV files, you can use the IF Switch node and read each file type in a branch.

Is there any particular indication in template files and the corresponding input files names?
I mean: Is it possible to know which input file goes to which template by looking at their names?

I think it’s better to have a look at some sample files (input files with fake data) and the templates so I can fully understand your case.

3 Likes

hi @armingrudd,

Thank you so much. Regarding " Is it possible to know which input file goes to which template by looking at their names?", this is one of my problems right now. It should look on the column names on the template files to determine if it will go to that template. My first plan is I will combine all the input files. Then I will use concatenate node to get only the columns existing on the templates. Do you have better idea?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Gambit

1 Like

That sounds like a good solution to me to list input files and read them all in a single table, then list templates and concatenate with intersection option, remove empty rows and write the new files. :+1:

1 Like

Hi @Gambit

i refer to my last suggestion on your post a view days ago (Transfer data based on column name) which seems to refer to the same point.

Br

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.