Conditional Box Plot viewing Correctly in Days of the Week

Okay, Disclaimer…I am very junior to Knime. I am simply trying to create a conditional box plot where my numerical data is 'the number of times a piece of content is watched" and my nominal data is “Days of the Week”. I’m able to create it but it shows it in alphabetical order (e.g. Friday, Monday, Saturday, Sunday, Thursday, Tuesday and Wednesday). I want it to show it in the correct week format (e.g. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday). How can I accomplish this?

A quick way to get around this would be to prepend numbers to your days of the week, like 1_Monday, 2_Tuesday, etc. It’s not the most elegant solution but it should work.

1 Like

Variation on Scott’s suggestion. Use the Rule Engine node to assign numbers to the days and then sort by the numbers. I started the week on Sunday but you can start with Monday = 1, etc. This avoids using 1_Monday whcih looks a little strange, but will certainly work.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.