Configuration loss after Knime 4.7.0 to 4.7.1 upgrade problem

Hello Knime friends, I recently upgraded from version 4.7.0 to version 4.7.1 and lost a Database Reader (Depracated) node configuration, where I had written the com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.SyDriver. But, after the update I have lost it. I urgently need this connection and I don’t know how. Help me please.

I already tried to use the new DB Connector and DB Table Selector nodes, but I get the error:
JZ0SJ: Metadata accessor information was not found on this database. Please install the required tables as mentioned in the jConnect documentation.

And I have this database driver settings for Sybase, using jconn4.jar java file.

Hi @ojmartinez and welcome to the forum. Sorry you’re having trouble.

I’ve asked internally for help from our DB experts.

Hello @ojmartinez ,

I would suggest to try and solve the problem with the new DB framework instead of using the deprecated one. Can you try and execute the following command

ALTER DATABASE Upgrade JCONNECT ON

as explained here: coldfusion - JZ0SJ: Metadata accessor information was not found on this database - Stack Overflow

Regarding the problem with the deprecated database framework, the driver registration page for the deprecated database framework is no longer visible in the KNIME preferences. The one you are showing is for the new DB framework which is why the driver is not listed in the deprecated connector node anymore. It also seems that you are using a new workspace which is why the existing settings including the driver registration information is no longer available.
To register drivers for the deprecated database framework you need to manually edit the following file by changing the path to the driver you want to use.
preferences_only_driver.txt (203 Bytes)
Once edited you can import the file to the new workspace via File->Import Preferences. Make sure to change the file extension filter from *.epf to *.*
Another alternative is to download and install an older version from here. Then register the driver via the Database (legacy) preference page, export the preferences vie File->Export Preferences and then import it into the new KNIME version via File->Import Preferences.

You need to restart KNIME Analytics Platform after importing the preferences in order to have legacy database framework pickup the new driver files.

Bye
Tobias

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.