Configuring Workflow to Output csv via WebPortal

I am having difficulty getting this workflow to execute and produce a csv for the end consumer. I can run it via the webportal, however there is no output. I have referenced the example of the model deployment dashboard workflow, but I get an error that doesn’t allow me to see the final configuration. Am I on the right path with the image below?

Hi @Blas,

you have to put the file download node in a wrapped metanode (like with your “User inputs”)
Also what error do you get? The database reader is not connected to a db connection yet which most likely will fail

Beside these two points it looks okay from the screenshot

1 Like

Ok, good to know. The DB reader is a legacy reader where the connection and credentials are all contained within the node. I’ve run it locally without issue aside from the file download piece.

When I run it in webportal, I get a success message but no actual output, just a blank screen.

I will try the wrapped metanode approach tomorrow. Thank you for the suggestion.

Hi @Blas,

if you only get a blank page without an error - then the wrapped metanode should fix the problem :+1:t4:

Does an output need to be specified somewhere? I have wrapped the file download node (legacy) and the file download widget as components and metanodes and still get a blank screen upon executing.

Hi @Blas,

i’ll create an example workflow in the evening which works (at least on my webportal :))

1 Like

Hi @Blas ,

attached the example workflow.
It has the legacy node as well as the new widget.

Creates the file \tmp\test.csv
grafik

And then references the file in the download nodes
grafik

Webportal:

Workflow:
KNIME_project.knwf (21.8 KB)

4 Likes

Arrggghhh…I was missing the path to string variable and then passing that along to the file download. I will try this out shortly. Thank you VERY much for taking the time to put together this example!

2 Likes

no problem - hope it works :slight_smile:
In the new widget you can use the path variable directly :+1:t4:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.