connect multiple nodes to variable loop end node

Hi Ivan,

Please find attached the workflow with relative path for your reference. sorry for the delay in providing the required information.

User Wise Report test.knwf (268.1 KB)

Regards,
Pavan

Hi @pawanmtm,

why do you use Create File Name node? The flow variable created there is not used anywhere. Also I can see Recipient Name.xlsx file created by Excel Sheet Appender nodes. Do you need to create one Excel File per iteration with name created from Create File Name node?

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

So you mean we do not need Create File Name node, we can take variable names directly from the Table Row To Variable Loop Start node?
Yes, exactly. i need to create one excel file per iteration with the name created from Create File Name node keeping the Recipient Name file structure (1 summary and 2 data sheets).

Regards,
Pavan

one small correction for the above is for each iteration, the data has to be written in Receipient Name file and then rename it to the variable from Table Row To Variable Loop Start.

Regards,
Pavan

Hi @pawanmtm,

I have modified your workflow a bit to write to your template file in each iteration and then using Copy/Move Files to copy Excel file to new location with new name. For it to work I used absolute paths in Create File Name (choose directory where output will be) node and Local File Browser Configuration node (choose where your template file is located). Here is attached workflow. Give it a try and if any questions feel free to ask.
User Wise Report test_ipazin.knwf (443.6 KB)

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Hi Ivan,

Finally the output has come as desired. Coincidentally i was also thinking of copy/move files node implementation in the workflow to get the result, however i was missing the use of local file browser, string to URI nodes completely (as i was not aware of their use), hence i was not getting the desired output.

Though it took long time, it made me to think of other options like python/R integration with KNIME for writing data as required (formatting, etc.). Overall it was a good learning.

Thanks for your valuable support @ipazin, @armingrudd, @aworker, @andrejz.

BR,
Pavan

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.