Connecting to MS SQLServer

Hi .
I am trying to connect to SQL Server but cannot load the drivers to the Database Reader Node (though it work fine with Oracle). When i select one of the jar files (there are 3 for mssql) nothing happens in the Database Drivers List.
Anything I can try ?
Thanx,
Fabien

Use: Knime 2.0.1
Drivers: msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jar, msutil.jar

Forget it, I was not using the good jdbc driver…

I have trouble connect to Oracle (I have SQLDeveloper and TOAD, both work with connection to ORACLE). Can you tell me how you did?
Here is what I got:
Database Driver: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcodbcDriver
Database URL: jdbc:odbc://localhost:1521/eras
(also tried: jdbc:oracle://localhost:1521/eras)
User name and Password accordingly.
I got the following error message:
WARN DatabaseReaderConnection PreparedStatment not support by database: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
WARN Database Connector java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

If I use Database Driver: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
Database URL: jdbc:odbc:thin:@localhost:1521:eras
User name and Password accordingly.
I got the following error message:
WARN DatabaseReaderConnection PreparedStatment not support by database: Driver “oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver” does not accept URL: jdbc:odbc:thin:@localhost:1521:eras
WARN Database Connector java.sql.SQLException: org.knime.core.node.InvalidSettingsException: Driver “oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver” does not accept URL: jdbc:odbc:thin:@localhost:1521:eras

For this driver I should use:
jdbc:odbc:thin:user/password@localhost:1521:eras
But Knime provide user/password after jdbc:odbc:thin:@localhost:1521:eras.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,
in order to set up a connection to an oracle db using the database connector node in KNIME you have to enter the following information in the node settings dialog:

Database driver:
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver (This option appears after loading the ojdbc14.jar file using the “Load” button)

Database URL:
jdbc:oracle:thin:@[server name/ip]:[port default is 1521]:[sid]
e.g. jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:eras

User name:
the name of the Oracle user to use

Password:
the password of the Oracle user to use

Best regrads,
Tobias

Hello,
I can not connect to SQL Server database. I put Database Reader node on the canvas. Using driver com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver. Database URL: jdbc:sqlserver://pd-msk-a0001;databaseName=UserTvr. This database use Windows Authentication. So I tried to use different login & password field values: with domain, without domain, only login with domain without password, empty login & password. The result is the same - “WARN DatabaseReaderConnection PreparedStatment not support by database: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user ‘MAXUS\votryvakin’.
WARN Database Reader java.sql.SQLException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user ‘MAXUS\votryvakin’”. So does KNIME supports Windows Authentication? Or may be another driver should be used?

Hello, I am not really sure. For me it looks like a security issue under windows. Can you please have a look to the last comment in this thread http://www.knime.org/node/398 - maybe it helps. Regards, Thomas

Hi Simulyant,
the first exception indicates that the used jdbc driver does not support PreparedStatements which we use to speed up the database operations. What driver do you use?
Bye, Tobias

Hello, gabriel/tobias.koetter.

Thank you for your attention. I solved the issue. I simply created ODBC record for my SQL database and use it with standard driver in KNIME. In this ODBC record I use Windows Authentication.
It’s cool that there is a possibility to simply store the model in KNIME with the data from the database.

Check this link ( http://www.shahriarnk.com/Shahriar-N-K-Research-Embedding-SQL-in-C-Sharp-Java.html ) , here you will find detailed description of how to connect to a SQL server database from a Java database application and pass embedded SQL queries. It describes how to create the connection string, pass parameters to the embedded SQL queries and stored procedures.

Shahriar Nour Khondokar: http://www.shahriarnk.com/

Considering in detail at the way this issue has been discussed, it seems natural to say that printplace review is relevant in most circumstances.

SQL Server 2014 enables customers to create mission-critical applications and Big Data solutions with high performance, in-memory technology for all OLTP 70-463 Pass4sure

Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system developed by Microsoft. As a database, it is a software product whose primary function is to store and retrieve data as requested by other software applications, be it those on the same computer or those running on another computer across a network (including the Internet).

642-813 PDF

642-813 Study Material