Connection to MariaDB don't work

Hi there,

using the DB Connector Node to connect to a MariaDB via VPN I got this error message:
Execute failed: Communications link failure

Any hints what this could mention? Where lies the problem?

Do I have to set any parameter in the preferences?

Best regards
Sabine

Hi Sabine,

the MySQL driver does not really work with MariaDB.
I would recommend to get the MariaDB JDBC driver and then register it in the preferences:

Afterwards you can use the MySQL Connector and select the MariaDB driver.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Julian

7 Likes

Thank you, Julian, I’m one step further!

But now I have the problem with the certificate issue. Although it should be possible to connect without verification (-> false), I get the following error message:

Could not connect to address=(host=XX.inpro.de)(port=3306)(type=master) : Could not connect to XX.inpro.de:3306 : sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Do I have to set another JDBC parameter?

Or the other way around: if I will set verification to true, how can I set the path to the “.cert” file?

Best regrads
Sabine

1 Like

Hello @knimebine007,

in case of PKIX error you probably need to import your certificate into Java cacerts file. It is very nicely explained in this video:

Br,
Ivan

4 Likes

Hello,

thank you for your nice video how to import certificates in KNIME Application Plattform. Now I can connect to MariaDB in the enterprise net! Great!
In addition to the video I had to copy the cacert file from …jre/lib/security to …jre/bin and then call the keytool. After it I had to copy the enhanced cacert file back.

Nice weekend and thanks again
Sabine

4 Likes

Hello again,

updated to knime 4.5, I’ve a problem to connect to the maria database with a certificate now.

The error message is:
“KeyUsage does not allow digital signatures”

Is there a difference concerning this between V4.4 and V4.5? Do I forgot to set any preference option in knime or something like this?

Best regards
Sabine

Solved by ourselve!

We had to generate a new certificate on our database server side.

Nice day
Sabine

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.