Continue with next merge when node fails

Hello, thanks in advance for all the help.

For the first time I am creating my first component, this component optimizes the values ​​of an arima model of the form (p,d,q)(P,D,Q), however I am having problems when in a combination the node fails, given that all the optimization parameter stops, I wanted to know if there is any way to make it continue with the next one even if the node fails with this combination, so as not to stop the process

Hi @Jalvear -

This sounds like a good use case for the Try/Catch construct in KNIME. You will find that there are a few different Try/Catch nodes available depending on the port types you need. Below is an example of how you might use them - basically, put them around the portion of your workflows that you expect to fail:

You might need to implement the Try/Catch inside the component itself, depending on your design.

It is more complicated than I imagined, I cannot get the sequence to continue, it always gives me an error, which does not let me continue advancing.

To give more information this is the most common error I have

Hi @Jalvear -

Can you show more of your workflow? I see lots of red Xs on output ports, which indicates you are in an inactive branch of the workflow - but it’s not clear why. Uploading the actual workflow itself (as opposed to screenshots) would be helpful, if you can.

Hi Scottf, I’m a little embarrassed since it’s my first component, but I’ll attach it here if you can help me, the goal is to make all the combinations even so I fail in one

Hi @Jalvear -

Take a look at this modified workflow and let me know if you have any questions. As far as I can tell, it’s doing what you need.

CATCH_sf.knwf (81.3 KB)

1 Like

Hi Scott, Wonderful it works perfectly for me, thanks for the help as always

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.