Continuous error plot (Plotly) some issues

I make experience of some issuses with the node “Continuous error plot (Plotly)”.

• First of all it doesn’t seem to work with CSS editor.
  • Second I build up the following workflow where through the “Value Selection Widget” I refresh an analysis and the relative plots according to the alloy type selection

see below an example of components output.

the two plot generated by the component are substantially the same, the first is the output of the Line Plot the second one is the output of Continuous error Plot (Plotly). The problem is that when I select a new alloy (see below: “ottone 70”) the Line Plot is correctly updated but the Continuous error Plot (Plotly) it is not! To update this last plot I have to open the component and reset the node “Continuous Error Plot”. Why does it happen?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Regards

Hello @Guglielmo

Welcome back to the Forum.

To better understand the problem and provide assistance, would you mind sharing a workflow along with some dummy data? This would allow me to replicate the issue on my end and try resolving it.

Best,
Keerthan

1 Like

Hi Keerthan,

please find attached a similar workflow with dummy data which have the same issues above described. I omitted the CSS editor piece which in any case doesn’t work with both graphic nodes present in the testing workflow.

Let me know if it is enough.

Many thanks for your kind attention.

Best

Guglielmo

KNIME_TEST CONTINUOUS ERROR PLOT.knwf (32.4 KB)

Hi @Guglielmo ,

Could you please reshare the workflow by keeping the data files in the relative path? So that the data files are included within the workflow.

Here is a forum post explaining how to use relative paths to import data.

Best,
Keerthan

Ok I’m resending the workflow according to the above linked instructions.
Let me know if it is ok.
Regards
Guglielmo

KNIME_TEST CONTINUOUS ERROR PLOT.knwf (198.0 KB)

2 Likes

Hello @Guglielmo ,

Sorry for getting back too late.

One workaround for the issue would be using a Generic ECharts View node. I have attached a workflow on how to implement this. You can make further changes as per your requirements. I hope this helps.

KNIME_TEST CONTINUOUS ERROR PLOT.knwf (421.0 KB)

Best,
Keerthan

3 Likes

Is it possible that Generic ECharts View node is available only for 5.2 version of KNIME?
I don’t find this node in the KNIME View (Labs) extension installed in 4.7.8.

1 Like

Hi @Guglielmo ,

Yes, you need to have KNIME AP 5.2.0 or above to access the Generic ECharts View node.

Best,
Keerthan

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.