Could not initialize class oracle.jdbc.driver.DynamicByteArray

I am trying to query from an Oracle Database. I am able to make the connection using DB Connector but am not able to query or insert data into the database. Each time I do that I get the error below.

Configure failed (NoClassDefFoundError): Could not initialize class oracle.jdbc.driver.DynamicByteArray

I have loaded the database driver, I have jdk1.8.0_271. I have also tried other versions of jdk but no luck. In Preferences -> KNIME -> Databases, the driver version says 18.3, and it says 18.3 no matter what version of jdk I install on my laptop. I am working on a Mac OS.

Please assist, thank you!

Which driver are you using and how did you configure it in the preferences? Can you try the one provided here: https://www.oracle.com/database/technologies/appdev/jdbc-downloads.html and use the complete folder including the jars to register the driver?

I have downloaded this one: Oracle Database 18c (18.3), the full jar directory. I have attached two snapshots of my Preferences in KNIME. So when I try to run the DB Connector node it connects with no issue. When I run a DB Query node with a simple select statement it gives me the following errors:
ERROR DB Insert 0:9 Configure failed (ExceptionInInitializerError): null
ERROR DB Insert 0:9 Configure failed (NoClassDefFoundError): Could not initialize class oracle.jdbc.driver.DynamicByteArray

Can you try to change database type from default to oracle in the db driver settings? Afterwards, you can either use Oracle Connector node or keep using DB Connector, but make sure to use Oracle as database dialect in the node configuration. Does this resolve the issue?

I have tried that but it is still giving me the same errors.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.