Create a table with pivoting node

Hello everyone,

is it possible to create a table like the example attached using the pivoting node?

I want do display the changes of the frequencies of the terms (~50) over 3 years. What do I have to select in the group and pivot settings?
I would be very grateful if anyone has a hint for me.

Hi @Stol,

I don’t see any reason why this shouldn’t be possible :slight_smile:
Important here would probably be to transform columns with type “Term” into String using the Term to String node. It might be the Pivot node would not work with column type Term.
If you are looking for examples how to setup the Pivot node, please check this example workflow here: https://kni.me/w/6OPrrabTBNBanSd5
or maybe the first three videos from this list might help a bit: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pivot+knime

Also, it would be important to learn how your input table looks like.

Best,
Martyna

1 Like

Thanks @Martyna!

I am still beginner in using KNIME. I already know how a pivot table is built up but my problem is that I don’t know how and especially where I can “position” the terms (they are converted to strings :slight_smile:) “at the top of the table”. Is it in the group settings or in the pivot settings? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could you maybe share a little example workflow with dummy data that I could use to play with? It is difficult to guess what might help without having a real example in place :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, the workflow is not executed and contains therefore no data, so I am not able to see how it looks like. Could you please save it executed? of course only if you are fine if people see the data. Otherwise we should create a dummy example that only looks like your data set just by using the table creator node and adding some data in it.

1 Like

Hello @Martyna,
I am very sorry for that. Now, I saved it executed: example.knwf (105.5 KB)
Let me know if you can now work with it :slight_smile:

Hello,
any solutions or hints so far?

Hi there @Stol,

if I got it right you managed to find solution for your problem in this topic:

Br,
Ivan

Hi @Stol,

I assume marking reply as Solution means yes :slight_smile:

Tnx!

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.