CSV Reader

Hi all,

I am very new to KNIME and just trying to get my data into it.
So I used the CSV Reader to import. Unfortunately, I receive the following error:

Execute failed: Memory limit per column exceeded. Please adapt the according setting.

The Limit per column checkbox is NOT filled.
Maybe someone knows a solution.

Many Thanks in advance
MSCSF

Hello @MSCSF,

and welcome to KNIME Community!

Which KNIME version are you using? If I got it right you have option Limit memory for column on Advance Settings tab unchecked and still getting this error? How big is file you are trying to read? If file is not confidential can you share it? Additionally you can try File Reader or Simple File Reader to get your data into KNIME.

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Hi @ipazin

Thanks for your quick reply.
Unfortunately, I can’t share it - due to senstive information. It is not big! Just 8000 rows and about 20 columns.
I already unchecked the Limit memory for column checkbox.
Saving the csv as xslx and using the Excel Reader workes pretty well.

No clue why.

1 Like

Hello @MSCSF,

I see. But that’s odd. Can you check the file size on disk? Glad you found a way with Excel Reader but if one of File Reader nodes work then you don’t have to manually perform file conversion.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

@MSCSF KNIME sometimes reports that error when separator is invalid. Please make sure your field separator and escape characters are set properly.

5 Likes

Hi @ipazin,

the file size is 600KB.

Hi @pl_profetes,

the separator and escape characters are definitely not set properly!
Maybe thats the problem.

If you want to explore further options in importing CSV files - I have created a collection about this

1 Like

Hello @MSCSF,

does setting proper escape and separator chars fix the issue? There is also Autodetetc format option you can try.

Do you have any other CSV file giving you this same error message?

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.