Would it be possible to have the file name at an outport of CSV Writer? It would be useful if we have to process some results outside KNIME, or with a command line tool inside KNIME. (This is a kind of feature request.)
(PS.: I have found a bit unintuitive that I can set in the File Reader node the tab as
<tab>, while in CSV Writer this is
\t. It is documented difference, just not as intuitive as I expected.)
I found a workaround for this. If you put a "Document Data Extractor" node in there, you can add back in the "File Path" in the settings. Then you have the original file name of the original document.
[some document table] --> Document Data Extractor --> CSV Writer
I might understand your problem differently than @jasonmvictor. As I understand it, you would like to write a table to CSV file with CSV Writer. Ouput file will exist at some location (eg. c:\Users\jdoe\file.csv) and this location you would like to export from CSV Writer. If this is correct you can do this:
- Open CSV Writer node configuration.
- Go to "Flow Variables"
- Under "filename" write a variable name into rightmost input field.
- Close configuration dialog.
- Right click on CSV Writer node and select "Show Flow Variable Ports"
- Attach "Variable to Table Row" node to the ouput port of CSV Writer node.
- Open configuration dialog for "Variable to Table Row" node and select exposed filename variable into "include columns" section.
- (remember to first run CSV Writer node if there is no exposed filename variable in left column)
- (see attached image for better reference)