Customized node with external jar file cannot deploy on Knime

I have a customized node with two external .jar files : json.jar and jdatepicker.jar

I also followed the steps in FAQ ( How do I include and use external Java libraries in my new KNIME plugin?) and edited the MANIFEST.MF file successfully. After i exported my node as the plugin, i checked the 2 jar files were included in my node.

When i put my node into the knime’s dropins folder, i got the error message:

ERROR RepositoryManager
Node org.eod.QuandlEODNodeFactory’ from plugin ‘org.eod’ could not be created: Can’t load factory class for node: org.eod.QuandlEODNodeFactory
The corresponding plugin bundle could not be activated!

Did i miss something? do i need to modify the MANIFEST.MF file in knime as well ?

Have you taken a look at the KNIME log? Usually there are more detailed error messages available. I can not recommend adding custom nodes to via the drop-in folder, instead you should create a feature project, export that as in update site and install from there.
Probably the easiest way for you is to use the following community project to do this via maven: https://github.com/3D-e-Chem/tycho-knime-node-archetype

best,
Gabriel

i check the Knime log, it gave me this:

It looks like something is odd with your classpath or runtime dependencies. Can you share the code of these nodes with us? Then I could take a look at it and might be able to identify issues with the project setup.

best,
Gabriel

Couple of things to try checking based on past experience:

• Are your external jars on the classpath?
  • Is the folder containing them (e.g. /lib) included in the binary build?
  • Is the no-argument constructor of the NodeFactory class public?

Steve

Try this.

1. In the project MANIFEST.MF enter the Runtime.
  2. Add the external jar file you want to use to the Classpath.

1 Like