database connector

hi...

how can use data base connector node?

i do not know how to use its out put...........

Hi,

KNIME provides connectors to common databases such as (MySQL, Postgres, SQLite) via the KNIME Connectors for Common databases feature which can be installed via the KNIME Update site.

To connect to any other database you need to reister the apropriate JDBC driver first. See the database documentation for a description on how to register additional jdbc drivers. Once the driver is registered you can select it in the Database Connector and enter all required connection information.

Bye,

Tobias

i have installed sqljdbc for sql server...i have configured database reader node correctly but i am a little confused about data base connector............how should i get data from data base connector?

hi,

the database connector is only used to establish a connection to a database. To create an sql statement you can use the Database Table Selector as starting point and the manipulation nodes for assembling an sql statement. The assembled sql statement is excuted and the result is retrieved into KNIME with the Database Connection Table Reader. Have a look at the attached example workflow that shows a typical db workflow.

Bye,

Tobias

Hi 

I have downloaded and register the SQlite jar file.

But stiil got error that the node was not installed attached my sceenshot - please help

Tal

Hi,

you need to install the KNIME Connectors for common databases extension as described in the post #2 above. This extension contains the missing SQLite connector node.

Bye,

Tobias

Hi

TX , (sorry for  late with TX)

Tal

Hi

I build my project and run, now the execute buttons all disabled why?

Tal

The workflow is fully executed, therefore the execute buttons are disabled. There simply isn't anything to execute any more.

Got it 

Thanks

Hi

I create a churn model and use data to report node in order to see the results .

On the node data to report I can see the predictive record, but the report is created empty , I have no warnigs.

what can be the resone for that?
Thanks Tal 

Hi Najimi,

Can you tell me the steps how to connect database connector to Sql Server.

I have downladed the Jdbc drivers.

Thanks

Deepak

Hi,

Apart from my jdbc driver, I need to include two external jar files on which my jdbc driver depends.

How do I add them to my classpath?

Thanks & Regards,

Himanshu

Hi,

you need to place the additional Jars which are needed for using JDBC driver into <knime_install_dir>/jre/lib/ext/*.

Bye,

Tobias