database jdbc jar registration doesn't work

I need to register a Teradata JDBC driver to get access to the data.

I followed the instruictions to register the jars but in the Jar List folder all buttoms beside the Cancel buttom are inactive (see attachement) -> I can't register the jars.

Any idea how to overcome this?

Ulrich

Unless you're using a different database plugin of which I'm not aware, the DB config is in Preferences -> KNIME -> Databases (you're in the wrong settings according to your screenshot).

Philipp

Hi,

I am trying to also access Teradata and I am getting the following error (I have the debug flag on):

RROR Database Reader      0:1        Execute failed: java.sql.SQLException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 14.10.00.42] [Error 1000] [SQLState 08S01] Login failure for Connection to terprddb.edw.health:8561 Mon Jan 18 11:09:29 AEDT 2016 socket orig=terprddb.edw.health:8561 cid=34674aa9 sess=0 java.net.UnknownHostException: terprddb.edw.health:8561   at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method)   at java.net.InetAddress$2.lookupAllHostAddr(InetAddress.java:928)   at java.net.InetAddress.getAddressesFromNameService(InetAddress.java:1323)   at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:1276)   at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1192)   at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1126)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF$Lookup.<init>(TDNetworkIOIF.java:200)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.connectToHost(TDNetworkIOIF.java:300)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.createSocketConnection(TDNetworkIOIF.java:148)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.<init>(TDNetworkIOIF.java:134)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericTeradataConnection.getIO(GenericTeradataConnection.java:117)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericLogonController.run(GenericLogonController.java:98)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.TDSession.<init>(TDSession.java:205)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6.JDK6_SQL_Connection.<init>(JDK6_SQL_Connection.java:35)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6.JDK6ConnectionFactory.constructSQLConnection(JDK6ConnectionFactory.java:25)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:179)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:169)   at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.doConnect(TeraDriver.java:232)   at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.connect(TeraDriver.java:158)   at org.knime.core.node.port.database.DatabaseWrappedDriver.connect(DatabaseWrappedDriver.java:81)   at org.knime.core.node.port.database.DatabaseConnectionSettings$1.call(DatabaseConnectionSettings.java:492)   at org.knime.core.node.port.database.DatabaseConnectionSettings$1.call(DatabaseConnectionSettings.java:1)   at org.knime.core.util.ThreadUtils$CallableWithContextImpl.callWithContext(ThreadUtils.java:344)   at org.knime.core.util.ThreadUtils$CallableWithContext.call(ThreadUtils.java:244)   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)  

====== end =====

Couple of questions:

1. Teradata comes with the JDBC driver (Terajdbc4.jar) file but also has the tdgssconfig.jar, which I am not sure what to do? if you are writting java code, it says that is a way of assigning classpath= etc. but what do I do in KNIME?

2. What does the error message mean?

Thanks,

Tom

PS. Loving version 3.1

Hi Tom,

any additional jars (e.g. tdgssconfig.jar) that the jdbc driver requires need to be copied into the <KNIME INSTALL>jre/lib/ext folder.

The error message indicates that KNIME can not connect to the specified host (see UnknownHostException). Please make sure that you can connect the db server and that the required db ports aren't blocked by any firewall.

Bye,

Tobias