Database Reader does not work with String Data type

Dear all,

i have a problem when i am using Database Reader (i tried also with Database connector before).
When i try to read from a table of the database Knime read me all the columns but it print only Integer fields and no String fields.

Someone know why?

I attach the screenshoot of the behaviour

Hi @sam-fantini17,
which database are you querying? The database node should have a type mapping option in another tab, where you specify which DB type is mapped to which KNIME type. Maybe you can make it work there?
Kind regards
Alexander

Hi,

i am trying to connect to DB2. And i am using the generic node “Database Connector” and “database reader” and in these 2 nodes there are not some parameter or specification to set.

hi,
the two nodes are legacy. Have you tried using DB Reader and DB Connector instead? They might make it work.
Kind regards
Alexander

Yes, i tried with Db reader and Db connector also. i am not able to find a solution.! but no error appear when i run the job

Hi,
if you use the DB Table Selector node, you can change the type mapping in the “Input Type Mapping” tab.
Kind regards
Alexander

Sorry but i don’t see any “Input Type Mapping” in the node.

Hi,
that is the old node. The new one is this: DB Table Selector.

Kind regards
Alexander

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.