DB Nodes are too slow

Hi,

I have been using DB Nodes for several months. Before newest version of Knime, I have used Database Nodes(legacy). I connect to Oracle database with DB Oracle connection. Oracle connection is too slow do fetch metadata, to write tables to database table, to read tables from database etc.

I use ojdbc_6g.jar for database preferences. What can I do to speed up my database operations?

Thanks,
Murat

Hi @mozturkmen,
are you sure that this is a problem with KNIME? Have you tried connecting to the database using any other tool, such as DBeaver? Do you experience better performance when using them?
Kind regards
Alexander

Hi @AlexanderFillbrunn ,

I am sure that the problem is with Knime. I have tried Toad, SQLTools, and SPSS Modeler before. They are faster. But old database nodes are faster(not too fast of course) than the new DB nodes. When I wait too much for a table, I reset all the flow from beginning, and then I can see the table. But I could not find a solution yet.

Okay, thank you for the feedback. I will let the developer for the new database nodes know about the issue! If he has any tips, I will let you know here!

So many thanks. Let’s stay in touch…

Hello mozturkmen,
we have identified the performance problems in the new type mapping framework which we address with the next bug fix release 4.0.2 which will be available soon. Once it is available please update your KNIME Analytics Platform and let us know if you still experience performance problems with the new framework.
Bye
Tobias

2 Likes

Hi @tobias.koetter ,

Thanks for your answer. I will try it when it is available. And then give a feedback again.

Bye,
Murat

Hi Murat,
I’m happy to announce that we just released KNIME 4.0.2 which includes the performance improvements. When you test it can you also update the driver to the latest version and use the ojdbc8.jar which is working best with the JDK8 KNIME is running with.
For more details on how to register your own driver and an example for Oracle have a look at the database documentation.
Bye
Tobias

5 Likes

Hi @tobias.koetter ,

I have tried ojdbc8.jar with the latest verison. I can see some performance improvements for now. It seems my nodes executes well. So many thanks again.

Bye,
Murat

3 Likes

Hi Murat,
you are very welcome. Thanks for your feedback and your patience.
Bye
Tobias

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.