Difficulty Accessing API via Knime Portal: Connection Timeout Issue

Hello Knime Community,

I hope you are all doing well. I am currently facing a challenge while using the Knime portal to execute my workflow, which involves a Python Script node. The purpose of this node is to extract information from the workflow API definitions of other workflows.

Unfortunately, I consistently encounter a connection timeout issue, and I am uncertain whether the Knime portal allows the use of APIs or if there’s a specific configuration needed.

The error message I am receiving is as follows:

ERROR Python Script 14:1441:0:1474:0:1473: Execute failed: HTTPConnectionPool(host=‘tmutuelle-vt-prod-knime01.dcsrv.eu’, port=8080): Max retries exceeded with url: /knime/rest/v4/repository/AHMED/test_wf/test_2 (Caused by NewConnectionError(‘<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f4b783258b0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 110] Connection timed out’)) Traceback (most recent call last): File “”, line 9, in File “/var/opt/knime/server/anaconda3/envs/knime_python/lib/python3.9/site-packages/requests/api.py”, line 75, in get return request(‘get’, url, params=params, **kwargs) File “/var/opt/knime/server/anaconda3/envs/knime_python/lib/python3.9/site-packages/requests/api.py”, line 61, in request return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs) File “/var/opt/knime/server/anaconda3/envs/knime_python/lib/python3.9/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 529, in request resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs) File “/var/opt/knime/server/anaconda3/envs/knime_python/lib/python3.9/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 645, in send r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs) File “/var/opt/knime/server/anaconda3/envs/knime_python/lib/python3.9/site-packages/requests/adapters.py”, line 519, in send raise ConnectionError(e, request=request) requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host=‘tmutuelle-vt-prod-knime01.dcsrv.eu’, port=8080): Max retries exceeded with url: /knime/rest/v4/repository/AHMED/test_wf/test_2 (Caused by NewConnectionError(‘<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f4b783258b0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 110] Connection timed out’))

I am seeking guidance from the community on whether the Knime portal supports API usage and if there are specific configurations required to resolve this connection timeout issue.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Hi @Ahmed_MAAOUIA and welcome to the forum. Sorry for the delayed response, but I believe you have already been contacted by our partner team about this issue. Please let us know if you have other questions.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.