digital signature for chromdriver.exe

Hi,

we have a problem when trying to start JavaScript Views when debugging our Eclipse/KNIME plugin. The browser we are using for displaying javascript is Chrome. This is the error message:

ERROR ChromeWizardNodeView            Could not initialize Chrome driver. Timed out waiting for driver server to start.
Build info: version: '3.12.0', revision: '7c6e0b3', time: '2018-05-08T15:15:03.216Z'
System info: host: 'PC-160286-W10', ip: '192.168.225.193', os.name: 'Windows 10', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '10.0', java.version: '1.8.0_221'
Driver info: driver.version: ChromeDriver
ERROR ChromeWizardNodeView            The interactive view cannot be opened for the following reason: Could not initialize Chrome driver. Check log for more details.

Our IT department has recently enabled a strict application control, meaning that the execution of the chromedriver.exe is prevented. IT said they could help, but only if the chromedriver.exe gets a digital signature, making sure it is genuine and not altered with malicious code.

Is this something you guys can do? Could you add a digital signature to the chromedriver.exe in the selenium plugin (org.knime.ext.seleniumdrivers.multios.bin.win32.x86_2.43.0.v201811061526
)?
If this is impossible, can you give some advice on how to solve the issue another way? We can’t use the SWT Browser since our JS libraries don’t work with them.

Thanks and best regards,

Thomas

2 Likes

By the way, I just lent my account to my colleague Thomas with user name schuelet as he could not log into the forum. He would appreciate if you could look into it.

Thanks,
Miguel

Hi Miguel,

unfortunately I’m not sure if there is anything that we can do on our side to help you. I will reach out to a few people to see if we can sign the chromedriver binary.
We have started some efforts to have a Chromium browser to work embedded in SWT. That should help with a lot of these problems we keep having, but I don’t know when that will be ready or integrated into KNIME yet.
I will let you know if I find out more.

Cheers,
Christian

Hi there @miguelalba,

regarding colleague’s ability to log into forum. Is he able to login now? Now some fixes were applied…

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin,

after your fixes I was able to successfully reset my password.

Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
Thomas

3 Likes

Hi there @schuelet,

glad to hear that and welcome to KNIME Community Forum!

Br,
Ivan