Distance Calculation

I want to calculate distance between two words using Java Distance node. Any more suggestions to this query?

Hi Bhaskar,

sounds good. Do you have any question related to the node?

Best, Iris 

Hi Iris,

I wanted to know if there is any other possible way to get a perfect score or we can say distance score between two words

What kind of distance between words are you thinking of? Syntactic? Semantic? Or distance in the sense of positional distance? You should clarify your goal and give some example about what you're trying to do.

Hi qqilihq

An example:  This 12-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter phase 1/2 study (NCT01449071) assessed the safety, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of epratuzumab in Japanese patients with moderate-to-severe systemic lupus erythematosus despite standard of care.

I have to calculate the distance between the epratuzumab and moderate. These words can be located any where in the sentence. Therefore I need a bulletproof technique to calculate such distances between the words and assign a score based on the distance whether they are closely related or not. 

Regards

Bhaskar

Hi Bhaskar,

so you mean a positional distance? Are you interested in a word-based distance measure (i.e. 5 words apart in your example) or in a character-based measure (i.e. 27 letters/spaces in your example)?

Cheers

Jan

Hi Jan

I am intrested in word-based distance calculation method.