Download more than one file using KNIME Server

Hi all,

Is it possible to download more than one file using one workflow on KNIME Server? I have three Excel writer nodes and I want to download all of them.
Thanks in advance for help.

Hi @pkng,

check out the File Download Widget:

You can use multiple of these for multiple files.
If you have a lot of files, or don’t know how many, consider adding them to an archive:

See a small example here: download files as archive – KNIME Hub

Kind regards
Marvin

If you know the number of files, you can simply add more File Download Widgets like so:

Kind regards
Marvin

How should I connect my existing Excel files with component, which you sent?

Thank you in advance for your response.

If I tried something like that:

and in component I have

I have on Webportal three files - that’s true, but they didn’t have xlsx format.

The download names may be a configuration issue. Can you maybe share your workflow or a dummy that reproduces the issue you have? Maybe you can also use parts of my workflow?

You can put multiple widgets and visualizations together in components – that is a main feature of the WebPortal, so the second example you posted is definitely the way to go.

Kind regards
Marvin

download_more_than_one.knwf (48.8 KB)
I attached my dummy workflow. If I executed it on KNIME WebPortal I received three files without xlsx. When I tried download them I downloaded something like “executor space”.

How odd, this works fine for me.

Can you check that the excel nodes overwrite previous files to make sure they don’t fail the execution, save the workflow (in a reset/unexecuted state) and deploy/test again?

Kind regards
Marvin

I noticed that before I used the same named variable for each three excel files (variables from each
Create Files/Folder Variables nodes had the same name). Is it possible that it made that problem?

And is it possible that my problem with downloading few files could be caused by executor settings?

Hi @pkng,

I’m afraid I’m not sure what the issue is/was. Does my workflow work for you?
However, I don’t believe that executor settings are the issue here.

Kind regards
Marvin

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.