Downloading Extensions by Adding Local Update Sites - Unhandled event loop exception

Hello,

I have Version 5.2 of KNIME and I’m trying to install KNIME extensions by Adding Local Update Sites (have organization restrictions on connections to remote sites).

I followed the steps detailed in KNIME Analytics Platform Installation Guide but I’m getting the error “Unhandled event loop exception” as seen below:

Would anyone have any suggestions on how to get the extensions?

Thank you

Hi @arushib30 ,

Thanks for sharing the steps taken in your setup and the precise error message; these are very helpful. We’re looking into this.

Kind regards
Marvin

Hi @arushib30 ,

We can confirm that offline update archives do not work in KNIME 5.2.0. We are planning on providing a resolution in KNIME 5.2.1 (internal bug reference: AP-21958).

5.2.1 is scheduled for release within this month.

We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards
Marvin

2 Likes

Side note: if you don’t want to wait for the update or have trouble getting the update, it is possible to install extensions from the classic UI via Help > Install New Software…

Kind regards
Marvin

3 Likes

it’s not Install New Software… in my Help

Dear @sniperM99,

Welcome to the forum. Please checkout the thread below to get some pointers on how to get the most out of the forum, allowing others to quickly udnerstand your problem and help resolve it:

Assuming you’re having issues installing extensions in an online environment, checkout this post:

Kind regards
Marvin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.