Edit Interactive Layout > Remove undesired text from tables and organize layout

Hello all!

I recently started using KNIME, it is a requirement of my pharmacy school Digital Health elective rotation. I am in need of assistance. I have chosen to create an interactive Serum Creatinine Clearance medical calculator within KNIME for one of my projects. At the moment, I can not figure out how to do two things:

1. which node to use to remove the “Showing 1 to 1 of 1 entries” from the interactive CrCl (mL/min) section. I feel like it is CSS editor but I can not seem to figure out how to properly config to remove the above text.

2. organize the whole interactive layout where it is suppose to be seen in the order below:

For Your Convenience!
Creatinine Clearance Calculator

Calculate your CrCl now, based off the Cockcroft-Gault equation.

PURPOSE This calculator is for patients who have stable renal function, to receive an estimated creatinine clearance.

Patient Input

Patient Age [Year]

Patient Gender

Patient Serum Creatinine (SCr)

Patient Height

Patient Weight

Get Results! button

I am using KNIME 4.6.0
Below I have attached screenshots for reference (current interactive layout and current workflow)
As you all can see, the layout is out of order so looking to reorganize it.

Hi @gravesmr

Welcome to the KNIME community! Note that I created a small derivative from your original workflow for illustration purposes.

In order:

Point 1
Custom CSS is indeed the way to go. You can achieve this by using:

.knime-table-info {
	display: none;
}

Connect the CSS Editor to the Table View and set the correct flow variable in there subsequently.

FYI: KNIME has a pretty lengthy page with the syntax of the CSS Editor which should help you in the right direction.

https://docs.knime.com/2021-06/analytics_platform_css_guide/index.html#_css_styling_in_knime_analytics_platform_4_2

Point 2:

You can achieve this by using the Node Usage and Layout option. It’s available in the toolbar, far right position (see below, red).

Here you can edit each “tile” with specific settings, delete them or move them around by drag and drop (blue). You can also add certain preformatted row lay-outs (green). There is also a bunch of advanced settings you could use, but looking at your description the main Composite View Layout should do the trick!

Final result:

See WF:
Edit Interactive Layout Remove undesired text from tables and organize layout.knwf (39.2 KB)

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

@ArjenEX

Beautiful, just want I needed! Thank you.

Follow up question, if you don’t mind. If I wanted to, say,
make my input section for weight, be able to switch between kilograms or pounds

or

height, between inches or cm

how could I make that possible? Could you point me in the right direction?

1 Like

Hi @gravesmr

Sure. In that case I would opt for the Radio Button (horizontal) option of the Single Selection Widget and use the value of that variable as input for the subsequent Math calculation that your are applying (If-else based, Case switch based, whatever you like)

That gives the user the option to switch:

Hopefully this suits your needs.

2 Likes

@ArjenEX
Yes, that was helpful, thank you once again.

Great! Please mark it as solution so that others can benefit from this topic in the future more easily as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.