Edit Nominal Domain Value

Hi,
I tried to use the ‘Edit Nominal Domain’ node to define a specific order but I’m not successfull. The settings are ignored when I execute the node.
From the list of domain values available, I would like to use this sorting capability to set defaut value in quick form nodes. For example, set 1st value to ‘Volume’ for one quick form, set 1st value to ‘Amount’ for another quick form using the same table but specific Edit Nominal Domain nodes for each quick form, each one with its appropriate domain values order.
Is that a bug?

Thanks ,
Regards,
Claire

Hi there @Claire,

have you managed to figure it out or still need help? I tried it with Value Selection Configuration node and default value changed as I changed sorting in Edit Nominal Domain node. Which node were you using?

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

No it still does not work for me. I am trying to use the Edit Nominal Domain value as data entry table for a value selection quick form.

Regards,
Claire

Hi Claire.

can you check this workflow? In first value Selection I see Marry according to changed domain and in second John cause domain is not changed.

2020_04_21_Editing_Domain.knwf (15.8 KB)

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,
May be this node is not the one I should use to do what I want to achieve; When I remove Marry (with a row filter prior to the Edit Nominal value), it is still proposed in the list of values; don’t understand why.
Thks,
Cl

Hi Claire,

now I’m not sure what you want to achieve cause from your first post it sounds like you want default value hard-coded in quickform. And for that Edit Nominal Domain can be used as it will have defined domain regardless value not present in data set.

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,
I think I misunderstood what I could do with the Edit Nominal domain node. I got a solution to do what I wanted. You can close this post - thanks for your help.
Cheers,
Claire

2 Likes

Hi Claire,

glad to hear your figured it out.

Closing topic.
[Additionally if you mark any reply as Solution (hidden between 3 dots in bottom right corner of reply) topic will get automatically closed 7 days after last reply.]

Br,
Ivan