Empty Zip Files for Local Installation

Hello,
I am trying to install Redfield BERT nodes. Due to my company’s internet restrictions, I need to install the extensions locally from a zip file (no proxy available).
I see that community contributions is needed for the installation.
So I downloaded the zip file from here.

However, it seems that the zip file is empty (0 bytes). I think there is a problem there, no?
Otherwise, any idea how can I get the zip file?
Note: Using version 5.1.2

Best Regards,

Dear @mosaeed,

you are mostly right, two things:

Best regards
Steffen

Dear @steffen_KNIME ,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I confirm now that the file is not zero bytes. Not sure what as happening yesterday.
I downloaded the experimental extension in the link you provided.
I updated KNIME to look into the downloaded zip files as below:

I then opened a project which contains the BERT node I wanted but there is smth missing according to the following window:

Any ideas?

Best Regards,
Mohammed SAEED

Hi @mosaeed,

if you click on Next here, you should come to the following screenshot, where you can click on the radio button Show original error...:

Now I marked org.knime.dl, which is provided by the normal KNIME Analytics Platform update site: in KNIME Analytics Platform Installation Guide you see the link to the zipped update site: https://update.knime.org/analytics-platform/UpdateSite_latest51.zip

Download that, make it available, then you should be able to install it.

Does it work?

Best regards
Steffen

Hi @steffen_KNIME ,
Thanks a lot! I have downloaded it and it started installation. I get this error below:

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Mohammed

Dear @mosaeed,

ok, one step further. Please provide knime log and the two create_env files as described in the subsections of the section Find Debug Information: KNIME Python Integration Guide so that we can assess the error.

Thanks
Steffen

Dear @mosaeed,

as I think of it, the issue might be that BERT is shipped without its Python packages, which your computer then tries to download. To make these Python packages available in your closed, lonely and dark network without any light of the internet shining upon it, I suggest following this procedure to make Python packages available on your machine :slight_smile:
Offline Installation: Create a New Python based KNIME Extension

Best regards
Steffen

EDIT: the log files as asked per my previous post would still help me even if my thought of this post is correct :slight_smile:

Dear @steffen_KNIME ,
Here is the first file: (i added .txt in the name so that it gets uploaded)
create_env.err.txt (67 Bytes)
For the second file, it was empty so it did not get uploaded.

Here is the logfile:
knime.log (465.2 KB)

Thanks in Advance.

As for the offline installation link, does this apply to for the new version? I do not see “Download required packages for offline installation to”. I am using the latest version on Mac.

Thanks,
Mohammed

About the offline installation: yes I can see it in 5.1, you cannot? What do you see?

About the log files (thanks!):
The content of the create_env.err is unknown to me, maybe @carstenhaubold has seen that before:

./create_env.sh: line 54: ./micromamba: Bad CPU type in executable

The knime log says that PKIX path building failed
Could you try this fix? No, this fix assumes that you have access to the internet via a proxy. I would hope that following the offline installation path resolves the issue. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Best regards
Steffen

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
No I do not see it:

Best,
Mohammed

My bad, could you install KNIME Python Extension Development (Labs) – KNIME Community Hub first?

Thanks

Is there somewhere to download it like here?

Yes the standard update site (see here)

About the Bad CPU type in executable error: This indicates that the executable and the CPU architecture do not match.

@mosaeed does you Mac have an Apple Silicon processor (M1, M2, M3?)? Are you using the KNIME build for Apple Silicon or for Intel processors?

If you are on Apple Silicon but use the Intel build of KNIME, it might be that you need to
install Rosetta 2. However I’d be curious how KNIME works in the first place if Rosetta is not installed.

1 Like

Hi @steffen_KNIME @carstenhaubold,

Thanks a lot for your responses! I think I’ll stop at this point since it is getting a bit too complex for the non-technical audience I’ll present to next week. Thanks a lot for your help!

I am wondering if a knime web portal link exists.

Regards,
Mohammed

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.