Enhancement: change landing page with most recent workflows / fully customize

Description:
When opening KNIME V5.2 in Modern UI, the landing page mentions Get started with KNIME Analytics Platform 5 and has a section of Examples. As advanced user, I don’t need these and normally directly move to my local space or server space to open a workflow. The old UI also lists the most recent workflows (File->Recent Workflows). Having this on the landing page would speed up the process of navigating to a workflow on a recurring basis.

Taking it one step further, it would be conveniant to have the ability to choose how the landing page is constructed. For example, it would also be help if we can move the server spaces up the list.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open KNIME

Actual results:
Examples on top of the landing page

Expected results:

• Have to option to choose an overview of most recently opened workflows instead of examples.
  • Customized landing page.

Attachments:

Windows 10 (build 19045)

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback @ArjenEX.

I have opened NXT-2246 for this.

Best,
Keerthan

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Internal ticket ID: NXT-1461
Fix version(s): 5.3.0
Other related topic(s): -

Hi @k10shetty1

I see that NXT-1461 is linked to this also which is great but that begs the question how NXT-2246 is worded/targeted at. Could you clarify this so I know what to expect for 5.3 Community Hacking Days :wink:

1 Like

Hi @ArjenEX,

The ticket I raised (NXT-2246) for this issue was duplicated by NXT-1461. Therefore, the issue you reported is now resolved, and you can view the most recently opened workflows.

Here are the changes implemented:

• Display a list of recent workflows inside the “Getting Started” section.

• Display a headline “Recent Workflows”.

• Display recent workflows from different mountpoints with the following details:

• Name
    • Mountpoint
    • Optional: When
  • Display recent workflows below the examples (if they are available).

• Double-click to open the workflow or activate the corresponding tab.

• File explorer component:

• Without drag-and-drop
    • Without multiselect
    • Without context menu
  • Extend file explorer component to allow custom items to being displayed

• If a user tries to open a workflow and encounters:

• Not connected: Attempt auto-login.
    • Workflow deleted: Show a toast notification indicating the item was deleted and remove it from the list of recently used projects as well.
  • Update the list of recent workflows in real-time.

1 Like